Our students love to play and compete. They can participate in different competitions between and within schools:
- Všetkovedko – a nationwide knowledge contest fo 3rd and 4th grade students. Its aim is to afford children the joy of competition, give them a chance to try, and show them how they can focus and give their best performance even in a stressful situation. It contains questions from all subjects- civics, science, Slovak, mathematics and so on.
- Maksík – nationwide math competition for third and fourth grade students. The aim of the competition is to develop students’ thinking and creativity.
- Kangaroo – The biggest student competition in the world for children aspiring to be in the Guinness Book of World Records. It’s an international mathematics competition for primary school students. The Kangaroo competition is an association sans frontieres (Kangaroo without Frontiers), based in Paris.
- Green Lens - a national competition of primary and secondary schools for young nature photographers. The competition gives space for the talent and the view of students. Student contributions from 2009 can be seen in our school’s lobby area.
- Hviezdoslavov Kubín – The largest and best-known country-wide competition. Students recite artistic poetry and prose. School winners advance to the regional rounds of the competition and the winners will meet in the final round of an all-Slovakia competition.
- Pedestrian League – Elementary school sports competition – students speedwalk for 500 and 1000 m
- Mathematical Olympics – Mathematics Competition for students from all over Slovakia
- Pytagoriáda – Mathematical Competition that stretches students’ ability to calculate answers, but also encourages them to do it quickly.
- Heroic Acts –students, teachers, and others who are interested write a short letter for a special mailbox describing a good deed they observed. Three notable acts are awarded through the month.